Monday, April 21, 2008

soul music [long post]

first and foremost, happy 18th to my dearest sister. may gold bless you and grant you wishes!

aha. im back. been a good long while since i've wirtten anything. excellent! thats how it should be i guess. you shouldnt write too often casuse it'll turn out to be mundane and thats not fun (unless you count playing drums everyday=mundane=routine). yeah i have been playing my new drums alot recently. its my way of telling my mum dad and the rest of my brothers who's the king on the drums. my brother can play too and my dad tries. keep trying. xD

so anyway i hooked up with the gang just now. yeah, it has been two solid long weeks since i last suan-ed ian for his hair or whatever. now he wears this headband to keep his hair from covering his entire face. maybe he thinks he's roger federrer or something. of all people why federrer? xD (joking). and that desmond has a new guitar. a fender guitar. and a randall amp which ive never heard of it before but it sounds good to me. sam is still the same sam. no more no less. chiu yee is back from china (hush ian) and yi fang has graduated. omg eh? time flies like an over-fed pigeon on steroids. yes my humor is very dry but bear with me.

so we talked, sang songs and played mahjong. no, this isnt a figure of speech used to denote having a good time. we literally did all those things! talked, sang song (highway to hell, ironman and other old metal songs) and played mahjong. damnit i only played one game and my tiles were bad. the last time i played was chinese new year. yeah. it was pretty funny to see desmond using 'psychological warfare xD' to beat yifang, wo is teh strongest player!

and i havent seen sarah for ages. its good that she's more or less settled into her new school and new life. wish i was there for her all the time. then i wouldnt have to be alone at home. but at least i have the drums, tommy and joey with me. and at least i can draw again. im finding lots and lots of reasons to draw. im different. my drawing hand is like coin-op. except that instead of coins, i use excuses to bluff myself into doing something effective. im that lazy.

so ive been reading this terry pratchet book which i bought for 2 bucks at jurong entertainment. tons of books there. good reading. reading actually makes you a better person aesthetically. means it makes you better at arts stuff, cause you use your imagination to visualise the things in your head. it also imrpoves your comprehension meaning you'd understand things a lot better. comprende? so this terry pratchet guy. he's still living and his books are darn funny i guess. to me lah. but a word of warning though, you have to be this 'high' to be able to understand most of it. cause it dabbles with a lot of figures-of-speeches and funny parodies in the modern and post-modern world. ok im chim actually. but i kinda dont know how to express my chimness in a not-so-boring kind of way. the words with a lot of '-'s in between just reflects on my weak vocabulary.

so moral of the day is. a good read of the book and you'll be in harvard/yale/oxford in no time. joking. only geniuses and people who work really really hard get to go there.

rock on..

love you love you love you love you..

missing you..

No comments: