Tuesday, February 16, 2010

roots!

No not the metal song.

I think, on my path of becoming a fine artist, I've forgotten my roots. Stuff I was initially known for, was/is(?) good at. I think I've forgotten my illustrative roots. Those were easier times, just making sure things looked nice visually, whether it looked appealing and stuff like that. You don't have to worry about artist statements or concepts. You just have to worry about anatomy, if you're doing figures. Or some physics if you're doing anything that has movement. Like fight scenes. Or if you're drawing something from history then make sure you get the time line right. Easier stuff. Easy on the mind as well. I realise that it's quite hard taking what you have, improvising/using it to go somewhere else.

Illustrating is kind of a half taboo now.



rock on
happy lunar new year

No comments: